REPLY

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Memories of The D.C. Temple On Their Last Day.

Well, it was inevitable and eventually the time has come for the doors of the D.C. temple to close down for renovations. It's amazing how well kept it's looked in the past 44 years. I also can't believe that I'm older than the D.C. temple! I personally think the temple looks fine indoors, and outdoors but after going two weeks ago, and looking at all the furniture, and slight wear and tear on the carpet, and cushions in the sealing rooms can understand why it needs to be redone. So 80's, but yet still beautiful, and I'm sure that once it's renovated it'll look even more lovely! 

Memories of all the times we've been to the temple, and taking pictures afterwards will always be etched in my mind for always. I know I will go through withdrawal with this temple as it was the most active one I attended in the past ten years. I'm only grateful that we have more temples in our area to attend to while this one is closed! 
I will miss the kids reaction, and Noah's voice while driving on the freeway uttering, "I can see the temple!" Once he could see the golden spires, and huge white building he knew we were close. 
The Boston, and Philly Temple are also built near a freeway, and when we travel to those areas to attend the temple Noah keeps an out for the angel Moroni. It's so sweet. The innocent spirit that he holds is dear, and I hope that he continues to have those feelings for the temple as he gets older. 


So long D.C. temple. See you in two years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment