REPLY

Friday, March 30, 2018

Sierra To Sing In General Conference With Her Institute Choir!

One thing I love about spring is the renewal that the season brings to both mind, and spirit, and also....general conference! I am sooooo looking forward to this weekend. Not only am I excited to hear a new prophets voice, but excited to listen to the choir sing. That is, Sierra's institute choir! Yep...she'll be singing her heart out along with other talented men, and women. 

This has been one of her dream thoughts on her bucket list, and it's about to come true. Well...almost. She would really like to play the organ in the conference center too someday, but tomorrow she will be following in my footsteps as I did the same thing back in the spring of 2004 sitting where the Mormon tabernacle choir sits, and singing in general conference!

So our lovely daughter will be singing this Saturday afternoon during the second session of general conference. She truly is a lucky duck being that she will be live, and sitting right behind the apostles, and our newly beloved prophet President Russell M. Nelson. She is so excited, and has been looking forward to it. So excited that she turned down a trip to the Grand Canyon with some girlfriends on the same weekend. She figured that the Grand canyon will always be there, but singing at the conference center during general conference is very rare, and this spring her institute choir will be the angels we hear singing while watching conference on the big screen.

I will always remember the day I had the opportunity to sing in general conference, and mentioned to Sierra how strong the spirit was. To be surrounded with other sisters with the same goal. To be uplifted while we sing, and listen to a prophet's voice. To gain knowledge, and seek answers to any issues that might need healing. To leave a much better person than we were before we entered in. That was one of the most "highest" days of my life, and loved every minute of it. I'm so glad she is having this opportunity to sing. She has a beautiful voice, and my hope is that some day she can audition for the mormon tabernacle choir! She doesn't think she's that good, but I do!  I'm hoping that the camera will be focused a lot on her while she sings! It sure was focused on me at least four times, and I'm a terrible singer! Luckily there were other women there I shadowed my voice over! 

I encourage you to tune in lds.org to watch general conference! Not just to see if you can spot my daughter, but to hear inspirational messages from our leaders. I know you will love what you hear, and that you will leave feeling inspired! 

No comments:

Post a Comment