REPLY

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

"Flower Power" Art Installations in New York City!

I know I've mentioned this before but one of my favorite things I love about New York is when you randomly go out of the blue especially after having a loooooooong snowy day! New York is definitely a city full of surprises, and as we were in Soho the other day we walked by this awesome looking red car with a lot of fresh flowers displayed inside. It was absolutely beautiful. There were so many people taking pictures with it, and I swear most of them were models with photographers holding cameras the size of an old-fashioned boombox!
 
I managed to stand in the middle of the road during 5 o'clock traffic with my smartphone and captured this picture of Noah! Go me! Noah stood like a natural, and on the first take captured a picture perfect moment of him! It's a good thing because I didn't want to have to stand in the middle of the road for a do-over. He really liked the car, and as we were walking away said that he would like one just like that when he's older. After all, red is his favorite color! It was a nice, refreshing installation to see especially since we had a snowstorm the day before.

I also noticed on Instagram that Old Navy posted a few photos of some of the statues of women displayed all around Manhattan on International Women's Day. I was so impressed that I wanted to go check them out. Unfortunately all the flowers were taken down, but I still managed to see a few of the statues. Thank goodness for daylight savings time because we had more light to take a few more photos! 
My favorite has got to be the Fearless Girl statue. She stands right in front of the bull charger in the financial district. I love the sweet, yet bold disposition on her face, and how she stands tall facing the bull. I heard a while ago that they either want to remove her, and/or put her somewhere else. Whatever the city decides I really hope they keep her where she's at. 

And here she is with her beautiful floral cape. 
Eleanor Roosevelt, Joan Of Arc, Golda Meir, Gertrude Stein, and Harriet Tubman were the other statues that were empowered with flowers. 
We went to Bryant Park for a bit, and Noah captured this moment of me with Gertrude. 
And here she is all decorated with flowers as well as all the other heroic statues that I didn't get to see. 
The statue of Golda Mier is in the garment district and as we were walking around trying to locate her stumbled upon yet another crazy art installation. It's called In The Loop, and Noah had a blast rocking back and forth with it. It lights up, and plays musical movies inspired by at least 13 fairytales. I'm telling you, there is never a dull moment while waking the streets of New York especially with kids!
I swear there is never enough time in the day to see everything! There are days when we wish we lived here so that we can be inspired everyday with art, and culture, and days I'm glad we don't! Even if we lived here there would always be something different to venture out to see, and learn. This is one of the main reasons why I love living close to the city because it gives us the opportunity to come back for more! 

I also want to add that Noah wanted to go to this museum because he saw the banner that read Transformer. He thought there was a transformer show going on! Umm...wrong transformer buddy! Lucky admission is free so he could see for himself that I was indeed telling the truth! 

**By the way. all pictures of the statues that are empowered with flowers are taken from Old Navy's instagram account! 

No comments:

Post a Comment