REPLY

Monday, March 26, 2018

Girl's Night At Its Best!

It's been a little over a year and half since we moved away from the familiar territory that we knew, and even though I feel confident at church, and in my new area developing true friendships can be hard. I'm grateful for the extrovert in me, the fact that I've found ways to adjust in unfamiliar territory, and that I'm fearless when it comes to introducing myself, and saying hello to a fellow parent at school, and of course...church. 

I count my blessings for the friends I've made here, and for the ones that I have kept over the course of my life. No matter what age, gender, religious affiliation, race, or color we are I love that I have friends from all backgrounds. I also found that as I get up there in age, and with grown kids that "me time" is very important. I have found so much relief when I take time for myself to be able to go out, and do the things I love, and when someone randomly invites you to go out to take away the busyness of life, and motherhood you better believe that I'm not going to say no. 

It is important to have an outlet in life other than church and work. Though I moved an hour away from familiar territory I'm lucky to still have friends which I see from time to time, but when I'm not able to do that on a weekly basis it sure is nice to have sisters here in my own backyard that I can hang out, and venture out with! 

This beautiful lady you see in the photo with me is Bethany. We both moved to the Princeton area about the same time, and we just barely started talking, and I mean really talking until now! Why is that we didn't try harder to get together to know each other better?? She is the cutest mom with three gorgeous boys, and has a wonderful style blog. I love that she's almost 20 years younger than me, and yet we have so much in common!

Last Friday we had ourselves a girls night had dinner, and went to the movies to see "I Can Only Imagine" which was amazing. We stayed up past midnight, and had such a fun time talking afterwards about the movie, life, and family.

Someone once told me that if I go to church to make friends that I'm going to be disappointed and sure that is true to a point but if your heart is in the right place, and if you're really lucky the Lord will bless us, and guide us to the people who also need a friendly person in their life. There are some amazing sisters in the church I belong to, and it's so important to have that sisterhood/frienship no matter where you go, but especially in the church. 

It shouldn't matter how different we are in age, or how different we view certain things in our life. That's what makes life so interesting, and worth knowing someone. Sometimes I've learned a lot of lessons from different women in my life. It's so important to see the good in everyone especially those who are of the same faith. 

Here's to more girls night, and making time for ourselves so that we can better moms, wives, sisters, and friends to everyone we know! Next time I blog about a girls night I hope that there will be more faces in our picture! 

No comments:

Post a Comment