REPLY

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Welcoming Spring With Bluebonnets! San Antonio,Texas-Circa 2000

Growing up in Texas I was amazed at how spring sprung. Especially in San Antonio. I totally repressed some memories as a child, and forgot how beautiful Texas is. It's not all flat land like people may think. There is beauty in the heart of Texas, and I found that in a field of bluebonnets with two little girls while living in San Antonio. 

One of my favorite seasons in Texas was definitely spring. During that that season it's not super hot, and not too cold...like at all! It's when the bluebonnets are in full bloom! Bluebonnets in San Antonio are perfect, and vibrant in color. 

Looking back while growing up I feel as if I took the state flower for granted. I never ventured out to learn all about bluebonnets, or nature for that matter. I don't want to put all the blame my mom for not taking us outside too much because she did the best she can in making my childhood fun. I'm sure there were times she may have wanted to take us out to explore nature, but even though nature walks, and going to the park were "free of charge" she never had the means or time to do it too much. 

And that's okay because I changed all of that with my own kids while living in Utah where Sierra was born, and especially when we moved to San Antonio where Lexie was born. 

We'd drive down the freeway and see nothing but bluebonnets in the spring. These pictures were taken in the beginning of spring, and look how colorful they are! I remember the weather being too perfect, and being it was easter weekend dolled up my girls in their Sunday best, and went for a drive after church. That's when I noticed this spot, and told Jon to slow down, and pull over. I was that type of mom who never wanted to be cooped up in the house (even on a Sunday) with two little girls. I always wanted to venture out, and explore. That's when I noticed this field of flowers, and told Jon to slow down, and pull over. It was as if my time in Texas was limited, and sure enough it was, because we moved back to Utah two weeks after these photos were taken. 
I feel as if I passed that nature bug on to my girls especially Sierra. These girls are 18 and 22 now, and absolutely love the outdoors! 

Bitter, super sweet memories for sure! I love these photos, and obviously cherish them. One day we will go back in the spring to reminisce this moment, and lay in the fields where bluebonnets are planted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment