REPLY

Monday, February 25, 2019

A "Red Carpet" Moment at Dolby SoHo!

This past weekend we prepped ourselves for the Oscars by going to Dolby Soho to experience seeing some of the Oscar-nominated movies in Dolby Sound and it was awesome! The best part of this exhibit was the red carpet that led inside the walls filled with oscar themed moments, and the fact that it was free was even better!

First I'd like to congratulate the winner for best actor Rami Malek who played Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody. Beautiful speech, and a well-deserved win. He's come a long way in life with who he is, and in becoming an actor, and I'm sooooo happy that he won!

As soon as we walked on the red carpet I saw the words Bohemian Rhapsody on the wall, and I swear I felt as if I was in the same room as Freddie Mercury. He's obviously was not the real Freddie, but it was good enough for me, and he sang pretty close to Freddie. Ever since I took my 14-year-old to see the movie she has become obsessed with Queen and absolutely loves Queen! It makes me so happy that all of my girls love this phenomenon of music that will never die! Truly a legacy! 
As we walked around the exhibit there were Oscar-themed rooms which included A Star Is Born (in which I loved watching the performance by Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper singing "Shallow"), and Roma (which I still haven't seen). They also had scenes from the movie Spiderverse which was perfect for Noah since he's obsessed with him, and all things Marvel. Which explains all these photos I took of him!




The movie 'First Man" exhibit intrigued Noah since he loves everything to do with outer space, and astronauts. The Core, Armageddon, and Apollo 13 are some his fave "space" movies! 
Such a fun evening and we really enjoyed this exhibit. Watching snippets of these movies in Dolby Sound was awesome, and it would be a dream to own one in our home, but luckily we have movie theatres that play them in Dolby sound so we can come and watch! 






No comments:

Post a Comment