REPLY

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Chelsea & Noah's Winter Recital '19.


These past few Saturdays have been busy with drama rehearsals for Chelsea in which she performed in the Little Mermaid Jr. musical for middle school recently, and months of endless lessons, and practicing for their winter recital which was last Saturday. I'm sure these kids are ready for a little break after four months of hard work practicing piano, and three months of drama rehearsals for Chelsea! Yeah...I'd say they are in need of a break, and they both did amazingly great in playing!

Their teacher is amazing, and I'm so glad he was recommended to us by a friend. Good piano teachers are hard to find especially ones who have patience with younger kids. Just because we live in the Princeton area doesn't mean that you're going to find a perfect teacher, but Jason is pretty awesome and I think we will keep him as long as we are living here, and he's teaching. 
Noah played two songs, but was only able to record one. He was too quick for me when he started. He did a duet with Jason, and next time I better be quick, but you can watch him playing a piece called 'Roadrunner" by Alexander on my YouTube channel here
Chelsea played two pieces beautifully! She's getting better, and I know I keep saying that she wants to start cello, and she really does so hopefully we will get her started soon! It's never too late to start a new instrument right? You can hear her play her pieces here. 
It was such a wonderful, cold, and busy Saturday, but we never grow weary of our kids musical talents, and their performances. It is a lot of work physically with all the driving, and carpooling that I do, and I'd be lying if I get a bit exhausted, but mentally I'm not. I love hearing them play, especially since they know how! I'm so grateful for having musical kids who know their stuff, and continue to want to expand their musical talent. Music definitely is soothing, and after months of the kids practicing, and hearing the final result at their recital makes all those drives to their lessons worth it! 
We sure do love them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment