REPLY

Monday, February 18, 2019

Saturday At The Temple.

This past Saturday was free of events, and recitals and we finally went to the temple! We haven't been this calendar year, and have been feeling super terrible about it, but oh how wonderful it felt to have gone to the Hartford temple and to have been chosen to be the witness couple. It was a gorgeous sunny day, and although it was cold still managed to capture a few photos outside with my small crew. 

Before I post more photos I just want to mention that going to the temple is truly one of the best things I love doing in my life. I love the peace that it brings to my mind, and the way it makes me feel as a person. Especially when I leave. I need to stop feeling so bad about not going enough because excuses as to why are my own and don't want to feel bad about it. Whether it's due to sickness, inclement weather, or our car being worked on (yes, we still have car issues from time to time) I need to stop feeling bad about not going. The Lord knows our hearts, and circumstances as to why one doesn't attend that often, and that's between me, and God. I know that He loves me, and knows me no matter what, and I feel that after being absent from the temple for so long. (Yes, six weeks is long for me!) I never want to lose sight of the significance of the temple, and the blessings that it brings. 
Chelsea was also going through withdrawal from going. Between school, and having different activities the past few Saturdays has made it hard for her to go. She just turned 14, and each year as she gets older her love, and understanding of the temple grows. We decided a long time ago to not wait for the youth of our church to have temple trips, but to also go on our own as well. I see a difference in her when we do that as a family. She's generally a happy person, but when she goes to the temple her joy doubles in her countenance and it shows. 
And I'm so happy and pleased with her choices! She especially loves doing baptisms with her pa! 
Life is amazingly perfect on the days we attend the temple. Seriously it is, and the day after we've gone is even better. Attending church, and learning all about the Savior not only in our home, but at church brings us more comfort, and peace. After doing two great things in one weekend it is up to us on how we behave throughout that following week. I always pray that my actions are the same. That the happiness I feel in the temple, and at church service is something I carry with me on a daily basis. Life is tough, and with winter being dreary right now can really put a damper on someones mood. Not to mention hormonal changes! Nearing 50 can do that to a woman!

I'm so grateful for the temples, and the joy that it brings. The temple is my number one go to place before anything I do on a weekend. So, so happy that our Saturday was free and that we were able to attend. 
I'm also ecstatic that Noah loves temples, and doesn't whine or complain about waiting for us to be done while we are inside serving. He'll be able to go the year he turns 12, and that's less than two years!!! I can't believe it, and I can't wait for him to come inside with us!! That'll be a dream for me as a mom being that he's my only son! He's pretty excited to go more frequently, and that's on his own motive. Hopefully his little mind won't change as he grows up!
New England is such a beautiful part of the country, and the Hartford temple is indeed one of our favorite temples. 
I am satisfied that every man or woman who goes to the temple 
in a spirit of sincerity and faith 
leaves the house of The Lord a better man or woman. 
There is need for constant improvement in all of our lives. 
There is need occasionally to leave the noise, and tumultuous of the world
 and step within the walls of a sacred house of God, 
there to feel His spirit in an environment of holiness and peace. 

President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008)


1 comment: