REPLY

Friday, October 14, 2011

My sentiments on meat loaf

If you were me, would you eat this? I would and I did, but I don't think I'm a fan of meat loaf anymore. I don't know if my taste buds are changing or what, but the other night I only ate one slice. The kids love it...still. So does my better half. As long as they all enjoy once a week meat loaf they'll continue to have it served to them. I'll just stick to eating the mashed potatoes, corn, and salad.

Here is the recipe to Italian stuffed meat loaf I found on Anolon.com:

1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
3/4 pound ground beef
3/4 pound ground pork
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
some pepper to taste
1 lightly beaten egg
2 oz. sliced provolone cheese
4 oz.fresh spinach, blanched and squeezed dry
4 oz. roasted red bell pepper 
1/4 cup chili sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl, toss together the crumbs and milk. Add the ground beef, ground pork, onion, parsley, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and egg.

Toss lightly until combined. Place a 16" length of plastic wrap on a surface. Transfer the meat mixture to the plastic and form into rectangle, 8"x14".

Evenly layer the provolone, spinach, and peppers over all. Use the short edge of the plastic wrap to help tightly roll up the meatloaf. Turn the cylinder into a loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and glaze the top with chili sauce. 

Bake for 15 more minutes or until the interior temperature reads 160 degrees F.
Let it sit for 10 minutes before slicing.

Serves 8.


Take my family's word for it.

They love it!

Just because I'm not a huge fan of meat loaf anymore doesn't mean it isn't good.

No comments:

Post a Comment