REPLY

Thursday, October 6, 2011

A creative genius

"Have the course to follow your heart and intuiton. They already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
~Steve Jobs (1955-2011)
I am blogging about Steve Jobs because in my eyes his brilliance is blog worthy. He was an icon and an answer to the world of technology.  He marketed the best computer and brought it into the homes of millions of people. He simplified our lives by the ingenuity of how he designed these beautiful pieces of technology by just simply touching the screen with the tip of your finger on the iPhone, and making iMac computers user friendly. It's sad to say that this amazing man passed away at only 56.

I was five years old when the Apple computer came out, and was exactly 14 when Macintosh was introduced to the world. To be honest I really didn't pay any attention as to what hand me down computers we got during the first years of our marriage. It wasn't until your dad began working for AT&T in 2004 that we actually owned a cell phone, then an iPod, then an iPhone, and now an iMac. Working for the company has it's perks, and we got a good deal when we bought these beautiful pieces of technology...in cash.

Y'all remember the excitement Dad brought into the house when he first purchased the iPhone in 2007, and how y'all would play with it and look at all the cool things it would do? I certainly do. I personally didn't care for it because I was satisfied with my Motorola razor. Then your dad bought me one for my 36th birthday. I had no choice but to join the 21st century and own an iPhone, and...

I. Love. It! 

Y'all know very well that I will never revert back to a push button cell phone. Ever!

And now all of you girls (except Noah) own one, and know how to use these beautiful pieces of technology better than me, and I am grateful to know that y'all are computer savvy.
Noah is watching the 'The Duck Song' on my I4

Being a sales representative selling Apple products, your dad would constantly be watching Steve online giving his key note address at the developers conference for the announcements of when the new launches of Apple products would be announced. Pretty cool huh? He would get excited when a new Apple product would come out. He would even watch the nostalgic key note addresses Steve gave. "Why?"  I asked. "because it's so cool to look back at how this genius would come up with all these new products", is what your dad would say. I would always have to tell him to turn off the computer already and come to bed!

Over the last few key note addresses we noticed that his energy and demeanor began to fade. That's when they announced he had pancreatic cancer. He endured, and kept on working until he felt he could no longer perform his duties as CEO. He stepped down and in his resignation letter he wrote, "I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come." Little did we know he would pass away six weeks after writing that letter.

Just like your grandpa Joe's sudden death was a shock to us...Steve Jobs death was a shock to the world.

Y'all are the future generation of this world, and I want y'all to try your best to take charge of your passions and ambitions in this world. Become someone and do something with your life that you have a love for. Steve Jobs didn't finish college, and yet his successes landed him a billionaire.

Still...finish high school and go all the way to graduate school. The future with technology will keep getting better and bigger. Y'all will know that by always owning an Apple product...just ask your dad.

1 comment: