REPLY

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The potato launcher

This potato launcher custom built by Austin Laney
There are times when Sierra is fearless, and will try anything, and times when she will use her head to discern right from wrong. But when you get a bunch of kids together at a party, and some of them are boys things might get a bit crazy. Especially when one builds a potato launcher.

I found this photo of Sierra about to launch a potato from this potato launcher. Why in the world would anyone want to build one of these things is beyond me (I'd rather have my kids build a telescope), but from the looks of this it seemed to have been a lot of fun. I would rather have these great kids spend their evening of launching potatoes than being on the streets at night doing other things that may resolve into serious consequences. The only thing I was concerned about when Sierra told me she tried this potato launcher is getting hurt. Like I said, she is fearless and was the only female at the party to experience the feeling of adrenalin. She mentioned being a little bit nervous at first because she heard it can throw you back, but in the end she had fun. 

I'm not sure I would recommend anyone building one of these things, but if you do be careful at what you aim it at. I think experiencing the potato launcher is harmless, and luckily no one in the neighborhood got hurt. the only ones getting smashed and hurt in the process were those poor potatoes, and a fence.


I don't recommend aiming at trick or treaters either!

No comments:

Post a Comment