REPLY

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

a perfect pumpkin tradition.

I meant to write about our wonderful Saturday this past weekend, but you know me. If I see another story that I can relate to or have thoughts about I will write about that at the drop of a hat, and like a journal fall a day or two behind on my writing.

This past Saturday was a beautiful, clear blue sky, sun shiny day, and venturing out to Springdale Farms to have Noah help you pick a pumpkin was a sight to see. We missed you when we went to Duffields  a couple of weeks ago, but know how much you love tennis, and that you couldn't miss your away game (sorry we didn't make it!) I know that by the look on your face you really enjoyed this day with your sibs especially little Noah. I know it's hard now that you're older to find the time for all of us to spend time together during the school year. You can't miss school because you, and Lexie now have demanding school schedules that requires being present every single day (unless your deathly ill.) So we treasure our Saturdays, and make sure we do something fun with our family. It sure was a lot of fun watching you two trying to find the perfect pumpkin together.
You don't know how much joy it brings me to be taking these pictures of all of y'all being kids and enjoying each other's company. I'm not sure if I've ever told you this, but your Aunt Lynn and I never went to pumpkin patches when we were little. As a matter of fact, I've never even carved a pumpkin until I married your dad and gave birth to y'all.
My first hayride was when I was a single adult at a church activity. It was a lot of good clean fun. I was like a little kid in a candy store because I had never experienced riding in the back of a tractor filled with hay (and decent boys), but that's a different story. It was so nice to see you and your sibs laughing and talking as if y'all are the best friends you've ever had. This sure was a nice hayride where we actually sat on haystacks as opposed to sitting on hay laying on the floor of a truck. 
Springdale Farms gets a thumbs up for that!

I'd say we had a pretty cool driver who talked a lot (like me), and pointed out every vegetable that was growing in season from eggplant to ocra. He sure was kind enough to let Chelsea wear his hat, and have her take a picture on the tractor while y'all were out still trying to find that perfect pumpkin.

These are the days that I love. Venturing out and exploring all that this beautiful season has to offer with all of y'all. An adventure that I never had the opportunity to experience. I encourage you to continue this tradition with your future posterity, and that you will always make the time to spend with the family you have now, and in the future.

Never stop going to pumpkin patches. Always go on hayrides. Drink lots of apple cider, and eat apple cider donuts (I never had those either until I moved to Utah.) Take advantage of always doing the things that make you happy, and like little Noah helping you find the perfect pumpkin...I hope that you find the perfect pumpkins for your future pumpkins (which will be a long time from now!)

xo-

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment