REPLY

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Living for Autumn


"I'm ready for jeans, boot, hot cocoa, crisp air, flushed cheeks, holidays, cuddling, and coziness."
Fall has begun to show its true colors, and I'm so grateful for the change of season. Last Friday as we were on our way to Alexandra's violin lesson it began to rain. The rain stopped after her lesson, and we decided to take the long way home. We were driving through neighborhoods where most of the trees have already changed in color. I had to pullover and park so that I could take pictures of the Almighty's creations. Not one car came down this road. We were alone on this road for quite awhile enjoying the stillness together.

It was a beautiful moment, and we took it all in.
Fall can also put a damper on someone's mood. It comes with overcast days and can make someone listless. Not all of us may be able to handle these dismal days of fall and early winter. I feel pretty lucky to be able to handle gloomy weather. Sure there are times when I've said to myself "enough with this rain already!" But at the end of the day I realize that without rain, we wouldn't have the change of season which causes the leaves on the trees to change, and fall onto the ground. 
What I've realized throughout the numerous changes of the seasons in the past are the changes that I have had within myself. I feel that with each season that passes by, my spirit is renewed. If some of you get caught in a depressed mode with the bleakness in weather... lose yourself in spending quality time with your family. That"s what I do. I also lose myself with service. Helping others makes me feel so much better. I try to look at it in a spiritual sense, and not allow that dark cloud to hover over me. Remember that time flies, and that the fall and winter's don't last that long (unless you live in Alaska!)

My mother has lived in Texas for almost 68 years and is looking forward to living in our surroundings. She is ready for a change, and I know that she will be grateful for the changes in the season and all that the east coast has to offer. She does look forward to fall in New Jersey! I hope y'all are enjoying this season too.

No comments:

Post a Comment