REPLY

Friday, March 30, 2012

Scenes of a farewell mini luau

There is something about the tongan culture that really brings friends and family together, and always makes me feel like I'm part of their family. It makes me miss my tongan friends in Utah, and all the big parties they would throw. I was once in a ward where there were many polynesian families, and oh boy...their parties were always fun and so crazy!

This past Wednesday we bid farewell to one of the most beautiful and sweetest missionaries that served in the South Jersey area...SISTER MOEA'I. Members of the church helped her mother in preparing a mini luau to wish her well back to Hawaii. She danced, and as always carried that beautiful, fun-loving spirit with her.
She sure danced beautifully! 
Her mother and sister joined in and as you can see...there was a lot of fun. I love how family oriented they are. 
While there was much fun and laughter there was also a spiritual moment in which both her sister and her mother gave thanks to all the members who where there to take care of their missionary. Many tears were shed and there were plenty of hugs to go around.
They are so thrilled to have their missionary returning home with honor. She will definitely be missed.

And returning home just in time for General Conference which I am looking forward to this whole weekend. I look forward to hearing the prophet, and apostles of the church guide us with direction in hopes that we will heed their words, and continue to feel inspired.

 For those of you who are interested as to what General Conference is all about, and if you've heard of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir you can go online and watch it here. I just love listening to them sing.
Aloha Sister Moea'i! God be with you until we meet again!
I LOVE YOU, and I will never forget you!

Happy Weekend everyone, and enjoy conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment