REPLY

Thursday, February 28, 2013

my instagram life.

Instagram has become my very best friend within the past year and a half. It has given me a many opportunities to document the little happenings in my life. Happenings such as where we had lunch, what the kids are doing, a special occasion with family, an accomplishment, your favorite store, your favorite place to eat, the weather, visitors, the book you are currently reading (or trying to finish reading), great friends, holidays, a sport, recitals, and the little things that matter. 

At first I was like, "what is this?" Oh...It's an app with cool filters in which you can make your crappy iphone pictures look somewhat professional! 

I had noticed a friend who posted a picture of her new pocketbook a couple of years ago, and I thought it looked pretty cool. I wasn't too impressed at first because it was just... that a pocketbook, but then I decided to join, and I have been addicted ever since. 

Instagram also gives me opportunities to do whatever I want with the picture. Choosing a filter, making it black/white, or sepia. Adding a little text is fun too. It's like a digital scrapbook without the card stock & glue sticks! 

I have also fallen in love with the VSCO cam app as well. This app seems to make my photos look somewhat unique. I'm still playing around with it so forgive me if these pics don't look so nice.

I love to take pictures, and moments like this are fun for me. Everyday I find opportunities that are meaningful to me whether I'm outside, or in the home. Building memories is one of my ultimate goals in this life, and I try to capture the big things, and the not so big things.

Looking through these photos are my memories. Memories of everything that we are experiencing in this world. Memories of small intricate details that may seem of insignificance to one, but crucial to another. (such as  my son sleeping.)
My life, and my family are my number one. This is the gift of time for me. Time which is important to me, because as I'm clicking the button, I'm smiling. Smiling because these kids seem to have fun when I'm focusing on them.
Social media can be a good influence in this world when we use it for good. To share, uplift, and inspire one another.
How will we, or our posterity remember our life, their life, the temples we've been to, cities we've lived in, and traveled if we don't document them somehow. 

It's too important for me to let life pass us by without capturing the little things that matter most. I can never stop documenting. Whether online or by hand! 

I love life too much! 

**How about you? How do you record your daily life, and the life of your posterity?

No comments:

Post a Comment