REPLY

Saturday, April 6, 2013

ocean city.

I had been longing to go to the beach again, and with the weather cooperating with highs in the 50's we decided to go to Ocean City. We took Chelsea, and Noah with us and once again we all enjoyed the blue skies, the sound of the waves crashing, and the sun shining in our faces! It's a good thing we headed out to the beach earlier so that the time spent there was enjoyable and not so rushed. 

Since Jon had this whole week off we were looking forward to a date night last night, but to no avail. We had planned on staying in Ocean city for the evening, but realized there wasn't too much to eat at the house, and even though our two oldest daughters are self-sufficient, and can find something to eat (we do have a lot of staple food) I felt bad. When we got home Sierra had mentioned that she and Alexandra were invited over to a friend's house for a movie night. 

Like the awesome parents that we are, and because Sierra is in need of 'girl time' these days we decided to forego our date night so that they could go out. We ended up having a high carb dinner which included mac and cheese, instant potatoes, and some tortillas. Hey...it's food. 

We tended to Noah and Chelsea, and watched some movie on the 'This is philadelphia' channel. I really don't know what movie it was, and wasn't really paying attention. All the while Noah was sitting on my lap laughing at some of the vines on my phone from fellow viners. The stuff people post nowadays can be pretty silly, and dumb. He always enjoys seeing himself on camera. Here is Chelsea in the water, and then I caught them on the boardwalk

I absolutely enjoy the days spent with our children, and this beach is perfect for our family. With Noah at the tender age of three I am reminded of when Sierra was that age. 

While living in Utah we would always go to Texas twice a year to visit family. The 25 hour drive down in anticipation of going to Padre Island was worth it! 
Every now and then as I look at Noah's little body, and round face flashbacks begin to form. It's then when I don't mind spending a lot of time with our children. I want to take advantage of these two before they reach their teens. I feel as if time spent with Sierra literally slipped right through my fingers because it just went by too fast. All I have are good memories saved in a scrapbook. Now that she is 17 going on 18 next month, I feel that I am more mature now, and that my level of motherhood has reached a higher capacity to be better. I am treasuring my moments with her even more. 

Just as I am with this little guy.
Chelsea is a given. She is eight, and somewhere in the moves between Utah, and North Carolina to New Jersey she just blossomed overnight. I also try to give her equal time as I do with all of our kids.
I'm thankful for this day spent with these two, and Jon & I will have our date night soon! This day was too beautiful to pass up to watch them run, scream, and just being little. Being surrounded by one of God's amazing creations reminds me of being a little bit closer to Him, and I don't mind having these two with us when we take in all The Lord has blessed us with.


No comments:

Post a Comment