REPLY

Monday, April 1, 2013

our easter.


Our Easter Sunday began with my visiting teacher knocking on my door at 8am bearing treats, and I didn't mind! The yummy Easter bread she brought along with a pound cake for dessert made our day complete. We didn't have to cook breakfast, and church service was beautiful. 

Church ends at 2:30 for us, and we didn't leave until 3pm. When we walked out it began to rain, and we were bummed that we didn't get to have our little Easter egg hunt outside. The kids were fine with it being postponed for today.

It amazes me how the weather changes every year. Last Easter we had church at 9am, and the weather wasn't too chilly. The year before it seemed a lot warmer than last year, and boy did we have a lot of fun! Nonetheless every Easter that passes us by is meaningful, and we always have fun with it. 

We knew the weather would be better today so we all ventured out to a nearby park where we had our own little egg hunt. We filled the eggs with pictures of the Savior, and the story of Jesus Christ. I've been doing this tradition now for many years. 

Having a low key Easter this year was peaceful, and even though the making of the confetti eggs were so last minute I think the girls did a pretty good job in decorating them...with markers!
We had a lot of fun cracking these cascarones on each others heads. Even though our main focus is on the Savior cracking confetti eggs is my favorite part of Easter. 

As the kids grow older the meaning of Easter has changed my perspective on why we celebrate Easter. Every year we seem to have less candy, and the teaching of the Resurrection becomes more significant. 

Having two younger children does make Easter fun, and we always make it fun for them. We gave them small bags of candy, books, and cars for Noah. I think their favorite part of Easter is the fact that we have fun as a family, and cracking confetti eggs on our heads completes the whole picture.  
Noah's sisters & Jon got Noah pretty good in this vine video. I also vined Noah finding the white empty egg which resembles the empty tomb in the story of Jesus. My favorite part is when I got Jon!
I can't believe another Easter has come and gone, and that today is April 1st. Where is the time going? I see these girls, and still picture them at the tender ages of 12, seven, and three years.

Noah will be four in seven months, and before we know it he'll be graduating high school like Sierra will be in two months! 

I love them, and I am grateful for the Savior. He is the reason why we have days like this. Days where we do our best as a family to recognize the things that are important in this life. Days where no matter how the weather looks, and how are morning begins that we can choose to make it cheerful. 

I love my life. I love my family, and I love this time of year where like the Savior, we can renew our spirit in a season where Christ was resurrected.
"Every day of our lives and in every season of the year (not just at Easter), Jesus asks each of us, as he did following his triumphant entry into Jerusalem those many years ago, "What think ye of Christ? whose son is he?" 

"We declare that he is the Son of God, and the reality of that fact should stir our souls more frequently. I pray that it will this Easter season and always." ~President Howard W. Hunter (1907-1995)

No comments:

Post a Comment