REPLY

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

city kids.

April feels a little bit like February right now, yet while we walked out of the house yesterday it didn't seem too cold. Having a high of 46 degree weather didn't matter to us. As long as the sun was shining we knew we'd be in good spirits.

Even though Noah loves his toys, and ways of being entertained at home he has become quite accustomed to a routine I have created of going to "a park", and it's all my fault. It's a good thing I love the outdoors even when it's a bit chilly outside. 

With the kids still on spring break, and Jon being off all week Jon & I took advantage of the 20 minute drive across the Walt Whitman bridge to Philly for some grub, and take the kids out to a park in the city. 

Just to let you know how much our kids, (and me) love the park in 46 degree weather here are a few pics from my iPhone. We even got a taste of a little 'double dutch', and that brought back some memories of when I used to own a jump rope. 

Noah's favorite was this slide. You slide down quite quick, and it was different from the others Noah has been on. You can see why after watching him here.
We love the city, and I was seriously telling Jon how nice it would be if we could live somewhere where we didn't need a car. Can you imagine all the money we would save if we didn't have a car & insurance payment. Let alone the money we'd save if we didn't have to put gas, or have any kind of car repairs.

I know one thing for sure we'd be in great shape with all the walking we'd be doing. I think hailing cabs, and taking the train would help too because you do have to walk to get one. I've already become a pro at it when I accidentally hailed one in New York City while waving to Jon from across the street! That was too funny! I had to wave to the cabbie to keep on going.

Coming from a small town in Texas, and then venturing out to live in the bigger cities with freeways shaped like spaghetti noodles such as San Antonio, and Raleigh, and to have experienced living in calmer places such as Utah...New Jersey really makes me appreciate both ways in which I've lived. I'm not sure which one I'd prefer, but I know that there are times when it's so nice to get away from all the hustle and bustle, and to go to a place out in the country where there is serenity.
Then again...when you have two young children that have a lot of energy which requires action, the city can be a life saver. 

They are like the energizer bunny (without the batteries.) They keep going, and going, and...going.

No comments:

Post a Comment