REPLY

Friday, April 19, 2013

spring concert with a lot of musical talent.

So last night was the Spring concert for Alexandra's middle school. It's unfortunate that they don't have an orchestra because Alex has a stronger love for the violin, but nonetheless she is grateful to have the opportunity to be the pianist for the band, and to be a part of the jazz band. 
Alexandra playing 'Blue Moon' on the piano.
I can tell that the rest of the middle school jazz band worked very hard because they all sounded phenomenal. It killed me to see a little kid playing the drums. I guess I've always had a stereotype of one playing the drums. You know, the kind that look tall, dark, and well...tall!

Nowadays I feel as if I'm more focused, and paying more attention to their natural musical talent. Especially since Sierra is graduating soon. I certainly don't take any of that for granted, and if you lived with them you can see that they work their tush off practicing their songs. They both play exceptionally well, and I'm so proud of the both of them. They have such a strong love for music, and it shows. I'm so glad to have that in my home.
the lovely Sierra.
You certainly get more involved as a parent when they grow older, and seeing them practicing on their own motive is the icing on the cake. Saves me stress from telling them or even 'forcing them' to practice, practice, practice. I never really had to do that with Sierra. So far I don't have to with Alex, and their little sister is on the right track as well. 

Now if we can figure out what Noah's musical talent will be will help me to be more prepared. After seeing him grinning ear to ear while the high school students were prepping their drum sets made me think that he may not mind playing those. Especially when I caught him drumming on them.

All I have to say is, "Oh boy!" 
Even though I may not be musically inclined I sure know what good music sounds like, and I am one lucky mama to have some pretty talented kids! 

Just listen to Alex play here, the middle school jazz band play here, and Sierra kill it with the keyboard here, and here! She sure scares me with that natural musical talent of hers! 

You will not be disappointed. 

If you are...just leave a comment!

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment