REPLY

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

never cease the opportunity in sharing your beliefs...never.

Since Jon didn't have to go into work until noon today we decided to run a few errands, and as we were driving around town that gave us a lot of time to reflect on the things that have been occurring around the world. 

After hearing about the attack in Boston yesterday my heart ached, and I literally felt like throwing up. I didn't feel like eating, and I was somewhat in shock. I decided I wasn't going to watch too much footage because it's like seeing 9/11 all over again. So once again, just like I do every day I hugged, kissed my kids and told them that we must always be prepared, and to continue to pray not only for the families who had loved ones killed, but for the perpetrators as well. 

As a family we focus on being positive because these days negativity gets us nowhere. As a family we strive hard to hold on to that iron rod, and live each day to the fullest by being kind. 

I took Jon to work, and as always Noah requested a lot of kisses from him before he got out of the car. I knew that Noah would then say to me, "mom, I want to go the park." Sure enough he did, but instead of going to a park we went to a nearby lake where there are ducks and geese. I quickly drove back home to grab some bread so we could feed them. We didn't see any signs that read 'don't feed the waterfowl' as we did when we went to this lake last week, and so Noah was excited to feed them. 
He was also excited to throw rocks into the lake as well. 
I have lived in this area for five years now, and this was the first time actually going to this small part of the lake to feed the waterfowl. I drive by this everyday going to Jon's work, and usually see people fishing on the side of the pier. Because there is only one bench, I figured it's a place where hardly anyone goes to stop just to feed the waterfowl.

To my surprise we weren't the only ones there when we arrived. As we were walking towards the water we saw another mother and son doing the same thing. It's a very small area, and it's not like a huge lake or park with a walking path where there are a lot of attractions, benches, chairs, where more than ten parents can hover and sit around. This day was perfect because it was just the four of us, and if you really know me, you'll know that I love making friends, and that meeting people is my forte. (Oh, and that I love sharing my faith!)
It was so nice getting acquainted with her, and she didn't mind me taking their picture. She also didn't mind when I began talking to her about my outlook on life as a mother to four children with a daughter graduating in two months. I also brought up my my religion as to who I am, this book, and we were both exchanging stories of our life experiences. It was great. 

Our conversation was based on family, love, and then I got more into depth about my conversion to the church. I also invited her to church, and she seemed to be interested. We talked about life, struggles that everyone seems to be facing nowadays, and just how harsh the world is getting. She wants happiness, and longs for peace in her life with her son as he grows up. I want that too! She was so sweet, and having her tell me that I didn't look my age really made my day. 
I made a new friend today, and so did Noah. The purpose of my life is to be kind to others no matter who they are, and to not let any opportunity pass me by without somehow bringing up God's plan. There is a way for all of us to be happy, and in building a unique peace within us. 

We can be resilient as adults, and do our best to look at the beautiful things in this life when terrible things happen in this world. 

Today was one of those days where I found beauty in this world in sharing the gospel, and it was so nice to have spent two wonderful hours at a serene, and beautiful place with a lovely young lady on this beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment