REPLY

Thursday, April 11, 2013

spring is in bloom in Jersey.

We have had the most amazing 75 degree sun shining weather thus far. The past two days have been filled with sunshine, not only in my soul, but outdoors. I took advantage of this beautiful weather, and have been spending them at the park with Noah.

I'll tell you at the age of 41 I still can't believe I have energy left for this little guy. If you have an active three year old get ready to sweat, run, and utter words like be careful, wait up, watch for cars, is that poison ivy, no throwing rocks, quit swinging that stick, crap, and the list goes on.

I don't mind because this is the time of year where anyone who has endured a long winter has every right to go outside into the warm sunshine, and let out all that energy that has been bottled up since January. After having a pretty long winter here in Jersey I'd say it's time to go outside, and play all day everyday!
Noah is the funniest boy ever, and wanted to wear his hunter boots in this weather. Wearing those boots has its advantages especially when walking through wooded areas where there might be poison ivy, and sharp sticks laying around.
We came home from the park because I knew the girls would be getting home from school soon, and you know me...I love being home when they arrive so I can greet them, and talk about their day. As soon as I drove up the street I saw Alexandra walking with Chelsea. The first words that came out of my mouth instead were "I'm hot, lets go get some water ice."The past three days have been perfect for it!
After a day of playing hard, and wearing yourself out coming home feels refreshing. Hearing the sounds of spring from inside the house makes me happy. Especially when you can hear the birds singing. So glad that I can roll up the windows, and take in all those wonderful sounds of spring. 
I see the change in the kids personalities when seasons change, and it is wonderful! It's like having a brand new kid again! Love it! 
My little green thumb. It's so nice to see Noah playing by himself so nicely, and in this case making his cars a parking lot on my little dresser.
These are the things that will definitely make our spring and summer complete. Having a husband who loves to bbq is the icing on the cake. We had our first one of the season last night in our little backyard, and it was yummy!
And these are some of the things that make those long winters worth living on the east coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment