REPLY

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Phillies vs. Mets

It had been quite a while since we've been to a baseball game. This was our first time going to a major league baseball game, and we absolutely loved it! If it wasn't for Alexandra's school playing the national anthem last night I probably wouldn't have gone. I am more of a tennis fan. Yes...I would rather watch two players swinging a racket, hitting a small yellow ball, and turning my head back and forth.

Although we've lived in New Jersey for four years now we have never become die hard Phillies fans nor I don't think we will ever be. I became a Red Sox fan the first time we explored New England back in 2001. I personally just like having a good time relaxing, sitting back, and watching a game. It was interesting to see and hear all the loud cheering and clapping. I especially loved listening to everyone singing "Take me out to the ball game". It was nice that everyone in our section was enjoying the game, and that no one intervened, or gave unpleasant looks when there was a small crowd wearing Mets attire.
This is the 10th year that Alexandra's middle school has been coming to play the national anthem for the Phillies. It is a privilege, and I am so glad she is a part of the Honors Band to be able to perform.
With three other children at home...this was our date with Alex. It was nice to have spent a little two on one with our middle daughter. I can tell she really enjoyed herself. Sometimes being the middle child is tough, but she is a trooper and doesn't mind what we do together as long as it's fun-and she had a blast! We are definitely doing this again, and bringing the whole family with us. Maybe we'll be on television next time!

P.S. The Phillies lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment