REPLY

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The day before Summer

There are advantages and disadvantages to having a job like my husband's. One advantage is that he has two days off a week, and the disadvantage is that sometimes he has to work almost every Saturday, and at least one Sunday a month. That's okay. I love it when he has weekdays off, especially during the summer months so we can all head out to the beach when it's not too crowded. 


We did something different today, and decided to go to the beach in North Jersey. No offense to ocean city, sea isle, or even wildwood, but I prefer going to Spring Lake or Belmar. These beaches seem a lot cleaner and have become my favorite beaches on the Jersey shore. 

Noah seemed to like it better also. When we went to Margate Beach a couple of months ago, he cried and did not like walking on the sand. He was a lot better today and it seems as if he is getting accustomed to life on the beach. 


He did cry a little in the beginning. The water was cold and a small wave caused him to toddle to wet sand, but after being here for three and a half hours...he was having fun and playing with the sand. 

He eventually began walking on the sand without crying, and didn't want to leave.  I knew he would eventually get over this phase of not liking the sand. He loves it now. 
 Slowly but surely he began to like the splashing of the waves.
Chelsea is aquawoman part two!!  She's just like how Sierra was when she was that age. She can be at the beach for hours on end, and play in the sand all day!
 I was laying out on the blanket and captured these photos of a loving brother and sister just goofing around high fiving each other, and exchanging kisses on the cheek. 

Noah doing his yoga poses while clapping.

We LOVE the beach. It's so relaxing to hear the sound of the waves crashing. It reminds me of subliminal tapes Jon used to have.


I have so much LOVE for my family. I love the quality time we spend together. I count my blessings everyday that we have opportunities to be able to do things like this. In today's society not everyone makes the time or effort to venture out and spend time as a family, and have fun. Life seems so rushed for me here, but I've learned to slow down. My family is important to me. We welcome Summer with open arms and hope that many of you will take the time in spending it with your loved ones.


Hello summer...We've been waiting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment