REPLY

Friday, October 11, 2013

earlier this week, & some of today.

The weather is getting chillier and nothing ushers fall like venturing outdoors to explore the beauty of God's creations, and to see how amazing it is for the eye to see how quickly one season transitions into another.

You'd think that the rain would keep us indoors, but it didn't. Not us. I can't stay cooped up all day long with a boy who is used to going to parks, and stores. Our house is not big enough for him to run around, and our backyard...well, I don't even call it a back yard. It's just a little 5x7 piece of small heaven that's in the back of our house slapped with some grass and a huge neighbors garage which is an eyesore. But...we've managed to make our summers happy with it, and now that fall is in full swing I'm trying to find things to keep this boy active. 

Earlier this week I ran a few errands so Noah and I decided to do a little bit of shopping. Sierra's bed has been in need of new sheets for quite some time now, and since Chelsea has taken over her bed while Sierra is away at school I felt it was time to buy some new sheets. 

I made my way to Kohl's where I used a gift card that I received for my birthday. I normally don't shop there so I didn't mind using my gift card to buy this nice, flannel sheet set for a bed that I don't even sleep on. But my kids come first and she was very happy when I bought warmer sheets for "her" bed. (Sierra will be too when she comes home on some weekends.)
Noah is such a good helper, and a wonderful shopper. He doesn't throw tantrums, or wander off. He's beginning to hate the cart though, and luckily for him Kohl's doesn't have any that will hold a child (he says they're for babies anyway). As I was looking through the sheet sets he grabbed one which was not too my liking, but the fact that he was helping me as to which one to choose was very helpful. 

When I picked the one I wanted he insisted on carrying it for me all the way to the register. That's quite a walk for a small person carrying a sheet set. He didn't mind, and he was so cute with his chivalrousness, and all. 

We decided to go rogue and took a different route home on that day. We were driving in a residential area surrounded with tall trees that reminded me a little bit of North Carolina. The fall foliage was beautiful, and the leaves...man they were huge! 

The rain had subsided so we decided to get down to take in the beauty of fall. 
I also found this holly looking tree, and kind of caught the Christmas bug when I captured it. 
We ventured out some more today at a nearby park, and I'll blog about that over the weekend. This boy gets too giddy when we venture outdoors. I can already tell that he's going to be the perfect boy scout by wanting to do everything that pertains to the outdoors! 
Yes...these are the moments that I cherish, and whether we are indoors or outdoors these kids spend their time in ways that are meaningful and happy, and that makes me one happy mother.  


Even when Jon exposes Noah to games. 


^^candy corns are perfection in my house right now ^^


So thank you fall, for finally coming, and for making the second week of October the best. I am 
looking forward to many moments throughout this season that gets me prepared for the upcoming holidays.

Hope your weekend is colorful, and fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment