REPLY

Friday, October 4, 2013

summer in october.

Our entire week has been filled with lots of sunshine with a high of about 85 degrees. Very abnormal weather for this time of year in Jersey. Am I complaining? Not in the least. We've been enjoying this indian summer by going on walks to the park, wearing shorts, and flip flops. Temps should be in the 70's next week so it's a good thing we didn't take this past week for granted by being cooped up in the house whining saying, "it's too hot to go outside." You've obviously never lived in Texas, or the Carolina's if Jersey residents are saying that! 
This week has also been filled with smiles because Jon brought home some good news. 
After months of trying to find a job he finally landed one which will keep him in shape, and grow to love. He found a job working with this company. It's only seasonal, but at least he found something. It hasn't been easy finding a job for the past three months, and every company that seems to be calling him are insurance companies which work on 100 percent commission. Not very suitable or promising for a family of six. I am just grateful that he found something for the time being and who knows...maybe he'll get hired permanently after the holidays. He'll still be trying to find something permanent in the meantime. But when an opportunity like this comes along, and the pay isn't too bad he's not going to pass it up. I finally told him to get a job...any job, and he did. And from what I've heard UPS is a great company to work for. 

After hearing about this wonderful news we decided to do a little celebrating at one of our favorite little restaurants. I was able to use the same coupon for another free meal, and these days I'm taking advantage of every single coupon I can find! Especially when it's a nine dollar grilled cheese sandwich!  
Noah particularly loves the Pop Shop, and he never leaves the restaurant without a balloon. We're practically regulars now, and after meeting the owner we feel like part of the family. Our waiter friend Brian never ceases to amaze me. He gives the best customer service, and this guy deserves a medal on how he treats his customers. 

I couldn't have asked for a better week. In spite of "life" hitting us with down moments that are sometimes too personal to document on this little blog of mine, I'm grateful that Jon found a job, and that my spirits are uplifted by my own strength.

Sierra will be joining us for General Conference this weekend and having her living across the bridge is such a blessing. 

Listening to conference will have my hope restored, my spirit rejuvenated & my testimony broadened. It'll also help me to be fearless & to be prepared to teach my first lesson in gospel doctrine next Sunday. 

I'm telling you. It truly is the little things that make a world of difference in your life. Especially when you put your trust in the Lord. 

I am actually getting super excited with my new calling, and really getting into the scriptures...it's kind of scary, but I am looking forward to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment