REPLY

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

primary blues.

So for the past two Sundays Noah has not been wanting to attend his primary class at church, and it's beginning to get a tad bit frustrating. I have no idea what has caused him to not want to attend after being in this class for ten months, but hopefully we will find a solution, and figure out as to why he's not wanting to attend. 

Quite shocking because Noah loves primary! He loves his teacher, and all the little girls in that class. We can be out of town in a different state, same church with different people, and Noah will have no problem going to that primary class. At first I thought it was the fact that we had general conference earlier this month, or the fact that he was going through withdrawal with Celeste being gone. He's perfectly fine when he's at home. You know.. with saying prayers, and participating in family home evening. Scripture study can be a bit of a struggle, but that's to be expected from a toddler, and sometimes he won't sit still. He's turning four next month, and I personally feel that it might be that he's just growing up. 

His sisters never really went through phases like this of not wanting to go to their little class. Sure once they entered nursery for the first time, or a sunbeam class (which Noah is in now, and he's not even four yet) can be overwhelming, and scary. But overall they all did well going to class, and we didn't have to deal with anything like this.

What is it with boys? Or is it just my kid.

I remember in other wards I've lived in, (and I've lived in a lot of them folks) nursery age was up until the age of three. Once they turn four is when they enter the sunbeam class. I don't know. I'm not complaining (okay maybe I am just a little...too late) it's just that Noah was barely three years of age when he entered the sunbeam class. Well..he's turning four next month so there is no turning back, or no use whining about it because that gets us nowhere! All we can do is try to find a way where he will go to class without causing a distraction, and continue to love this kid when he doesn't. 

Jon was such a good sport this past Sunday, and ended up taking him to the class he was teaching. Even then Noah wouldn't sit still, and wanted to "go to the car". I felt bad for Jon, and for the youth in his class who probably sensed the contention. I wish he would have grabbed me to take him since I wasn't teaching. He even took him to priesthood which didn't go very well. Apparently Noah thought it was play time, and decided to play behind the curtains (priesthood is on the stage in the gym in our ward.) I sensed Jon's frustration on our way home, and felt super sad for him!  

Noah is a darling little boy, and there are times when Chelsea will try to take him, but to no avail. I feel like a bad mom bribing him with treats during the week so that he'll go to class this Sunday. Not that I've bought him anything, but i gave in by giving him my iPhone to play games on, watching more than one movie, etc. I'm such a softee.  

I don't know if anyone has ever had this issue with a toddler about to turn four not wanting to go to class. We shall see how he reacts this Sunday. 

Jon and I both teach Sunday school, and this week it is my turn to teach Gospel Doctrine! Yes...I'm excited, but still nervous!

I don't want this small trial to run our lives every Sunday. I know that this too shall pass.

He did say he'll go to class though...after i gave him some technology time. Thank goodness for these little cards

We shall see.

Pray for him, and me... 
^^Noah and his sweet friend Celeste^^
That he'll have a smile of excitement on his face again when he's on his way to class! 

No comments:

Post a Comment