REPLY

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

transitioning into autumn with a boy who's growing up way too fast.

The moisture was still lingering in the air as the day was dawning. The windows had not been rolled down once because of the warm weather we had last week. I woke up to a chill, and I could smell the dew...it's officially autumn.

As I woke up to close the windows I noticed the roads were a little wet. It had rained that night. Transitioning in between seasons may be hard for some of us. I have to admit that the transitioning of summer into fall has been a little hard on me, and I blame it on the first week of October.

Although I didn't mind the warm weather we had this past week with sunny skies, and without any rain left me in a slumber of having to expect warm weather for the rest of the month.

For a moment I was beginning to think that Jersey was going to be like Texas. Summer all year round with cold fronts hitting every now and then, or like North Carolina...a little bit of fall, with hardly any winter. Perfect weather for any one who doesn't like the cold.

Truth is I have been waiting for this day since September.

As I was driving down the road the other day I was getting giddy, and looking forward for some fall foliage. I can see that some of the leaves are hanging on to their branches while others are dying to change in color, and fall to the ground.

The fact that I have a "fall baby" helps me get in the mood for "all things fall" and to prepare for Halloween.

And so yesterday I took my little boy out to a nearby park in the Haddonfield area where we found the millionth walking trail to capture moments of this kid who in exactly one month from today will be turning four. (Sorry for the fragmented sentence folks.)
As I look back at these photos from the year before compared to the ones I'm posting now my heart swells, and he is growing up way too fast. He's taller, and his face is beginning to change.
Besides my birthday watching our son grow with my favorite season is not always something to look forward to, but it's inevitable, and I have to accept the fact that he is no longer "a baby". He'll always be my baby, but not "a baby."

But knowing that these two special occasions happen in the fall helps me transition easier into my favorite season of all. 

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."
~anne of green gables

No comments:

Post a Comment