REPLY

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Autumn...the most beautiful season.


Picture by yours truly.
Next to summer, Autumn is by far my favorite season.

I can't believe how quickly Autumn sneaked up on us. With the crisp, cold feeling in the air that only means one thing...actually a lot of things. 

Pumpkins, apple scented candles, mums, and family fun. It's so nice to take the kids out to a pumpkin patch and have them pick out their own pumpkin. Leaves them feeling with a sense of accomplishment. Buying colorful mums to spruce up my little front porch makes me feel as if I'm walking up to a different house (at least for three months). 

I get giddy when I go into my green hope chest and like a Christmas gift open it up to find things that I forgot I once had. Chunky sweaters, and scarves, gloves, earmuffs, and a few of Noah's size four sweaters that he'll be able to wear this year. Like opening up that hope chest, I'm opening up my life to a whole new season, and with it comes renewal.

Renewal to make my favorite season the best. This is my season of hope. Hope that these next three months will be filled with positive outcomes, and family adventures! I look back at the summer moments of 2013, and can't believe they vanished that fast. There are days when I'd like to go back to that time, but am happy that the kids are back in school. Chelsea pulled out her back to school list so fast that I myself got excited when we were out buying them. She was particularly excited in buying the colorful composition books and pencils. What is it with pencils anyway?

Watching movies that are filmed in the fall such as Autumn in New York, You've Got Mail (my absolute favorite), The Four Seasons, Dan in Real Life, and the Lake House brings me satisfaction, and the motivation to live happily. I'm grateful for movies like that. It always gives me hope that there is a happy ending to such a dramatic story! I'm especially thankful that I live in an area where fall foliage is too common, and the colors are gorgeous! The kids look forward to more leaf wars, picnics in the park, apple picking, baking cookies, drinking apple cider, carving pumpkins, and making caramel corn balls. 

Oh...and we can't forget our Halloween moments. These kids sure like to dress up.

The kids are looking forward to Halloween this year, and I'm especially excited because their costumes will be made. Chelsea and Noah will not exactly be twinning, but will be dressed like characters from the same movie, and they are thrilled! 

Fall...it truly is a happy season, and with that comes change. Change in making it the best month, and season ever!

Happy October to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment