REPLY

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

FHE with Meet The Mormons.


Ever since we heard that the church was releasing yet another great "mormon" film I was praying and hoping that it would make it to theaters in our area. Well, low and behold it did, and luckily for Family Home Evening we were able to catch a viewing of Meet the Mormons. And for those of who are American Idol fans, and a fan of David Archuletta, he also released a song for the film called "Glorious" and it truly is a "glorious" song! 

Meet the Mormons is a feature-length documentary of six families from around the world telling their story of how they live their lives as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints so if you are interested in knowing our beliefs, and who we are I highly recommend watching it. 

All of these stories resonated with me in many ways, and each story told goes to show that the gospel of Jesus Christ is indeed a powerful tool that can help change our lives for the better. The fact that most of the members that told their stories are converts, and of ethnicity hit close to home, and I certainly wasn't expecting so much emotion! Every single conversion story was amazing and in no doubt the work of The Lord. 

The Bishop
The Coach
The Candy Bomber
The Fighter
The Humanitarian
The Missionary Mom

All of their stories were emotional, inspirational, and a motivator to me in what it means to endure to the end in striving to lead a life of Christ. "Service is the bottom line to happiness and fulfillment" wise words by Gail Halvorsen who is known as The Candy Bomber.  His story is the perfect example of leading a long life of service and what it means to endure to the end. The fact that he's 94 years old still parachuting candy along various places in Berlin is proof that he's genuine, and true in being a disciple of Christ. 

I wish I could say I had a favorite story because they were all so inspiring, and moving! But the one that really hit home to me was the Missionary mom. Knowing that my mother raised my sister, and I on her own for the first nine years of my life had to have been hard especially without having any kind of firm foundation of God. I've also experienced friends having babies at a very young age, and I know it couldn't have been easy. The fact that I have a son, and knowing that he will be serving a mission in almost 13 years is something I cannot fathom, but definitely imagine. I look forward to that day, and know that underneath all those tears will be feelings of joy, and excitement knowing that he will be serving the Lord faithfully for two years. I have a long ways to go, but I am prepared, and this missionary mom in the film is an example of strength, and endurance in never giving up on her faith in God.

"There are people like me waiting for our lives to be changed." ~The Missionary Mom

I loved every single story, and the tears just kept flowing as each story was being told. You can probably tell by the photo that I had been crying! I knew that I was going to ball like a baby so no makeup was worn! Again...it's truly an inspirational film in witnessing six families living their life as a mormon in places such as Atlanta, Annapolis, Costa Rica, Salt Lake City, Khatmandu, Nepal and Germany. It was another perfect moment to bond even closer with my family, and we certainly have been needing some uplifting these days. I recommend either seeing this movie in theaters before its too late, or if you're patient enough just wait for the video.

I'd watch it in theaters now if I were you, and make sure you bring some tissue, and your entire family! 

You'll leave feeling rejuvenated and wanting to do better in this world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment