REPLY

Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentine's Day In New York City.



This past weekend we braved the cold temperatures and went to New York to meet up with a dear friend of ours. When I got the text to let me know she was coming I squealed with delight. This friend was a former missionary who served for or our church in our area back in 2010. I will always remember the day she came into our ward, and because I love the missionaries so much I immediately greeted her. My youngest daughter Chelsea was almost six when she met her, and Noah was just a baby. I remember the huge smile on her face when she turned around and noticed a little girl tapping her arm wanting to say hello. 
That's when I knew that this was going to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship not only between us, but between her and my daughter as well. They have a special bond, and I love it! 

And ever since we have been in touch! 

The day went by way too quickly, and even thought the temps dropped to the teens, we still managed to take a walk on the Brooklyn bridge, and catch up. Time certainly does pass when you're in good company, and the cold didn't even matter. Well...almost! It was so nice also catching up with her brother, and meeting some of her other family members. We all had a grand time chatting, and eating Thai food. 

Here are a few photos I took while on the bridge. Didn't take very many because you know...it was cold, and my fingers were freezing, and I wanted to give my full attention to Becky, but nonetheless here you go:
This was something that never caught my eye as we were walking. Becky pointed it out to her niece, and I was like, "How cool is that!" It's interesting to see a bunch of locks on a bridge as opposed to the love lock bridge in Paris (which I would love to see someday!) 

And the skyline never disappoints...
Grainy selfie of Lexie, and I on the bridge, and a few random photos I took of us and the kids while on our way to the bridge. This whole "celebrating Valentines Day with kids, and friends" was awesome! I would definitely do it again in a heartbeat. 
Even in cold temps, and especially in New York City!

Hope you're Valentine's Day was awesome, and that you have a Happy President's Day! 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment