REPLY

Friday, February 13, 2015

Heart Attack!

Making gifts for my kids and sending cards to friends, and family has always been a priority in my life. Especially when I know it will benefit them both spiritually, and emotionally. I am extremely grateful to all of you who participated in being a part of Sierra's heart attack. It was all worth the effort. The calling, sending texts, and messages via Facebook. The printing, and scurrying around to find photos of Sierra together with the friends that responded to my messages. Reminding them time, and time again to please send a message as quick as possible because I need to mail it soon was all worth it! Even with a toddler by my side! I even delayed mailing it for a couple of days, because there were about three awesome friends who have known her since middle school, and they wanted to make sure it was written perfectly. I also wanted to make sure she received a note from them. In my eyes the outcome was perfect, and I couldn't be more pleased. (See photo above :-)

She received it just in time for valentine's day and called to let me know she received it. Well, first she sent a text to let me know how speechless she was when she opened it up,  and then called me a few minutes after. She asked how long it took for me to do all that. I said about a week. Luckily I enjoy scrapbooking, calling, typing and writing otherwise I'm not sure if I would have had the heart (or the time) to do something like this. She felt really special and loved, and it felt sooooooo good to do that for her too. The fact that there were notes inside the box from friends she hasn't talked to in two years (or more) made her entire year!

Because Valentine's Day is my second favorite holiday next to Christmas I love sending out cards, and the kids enjoy making Valentine's cards for their friends. Sierra's heart attack took precedence over handmade valentines this year so I ended up buying some love note flat cards. 
How wonderful it is for someone to send a love note, or a message to let them know that they are being thought of. It truly is a great feeling to acknowledge someone in love...especially on Valentine's Day. 

I now end this post with this message I wrote four years ago, and have a Happy Valentine's Day weekend! (insert heart emojis here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment