REPLY

Sunday, July 26, 2015

SPLASH PAD AT DILWORTH PARK.

When we heard about Dilworth park being renovated with an interactive fountain or as I say it a "splash pad" we just had to go and check it out. These warm summer days have been too perfect to neglect without adding extra energy that requires spending a little bit of our summer in the city, walking, and enjoy what the city of brotherly love has to offer. So this past weekend the kiddos and I took the train into Philly to spend the day, have simple fun, and get a little wet! 
The kids love the city, but I'll tell you they're not used to a lot of walking. We'll mostly drive into Philly, and pay for parking which can be anywhere from 22 to 29 bucks, but not on this day. Noah was telling me how we should take the train more often, and I have to say I agree with him. It's so convenient, and such an adventure. 
An adventure indeed that we did so much walking, but toughed it out in the heat. Every now and then Chelsea and I had to take turns giving Noah piggy back rides. They'd also stop and rest on a stoop for a bit, and make funny faces with each other. I guess that's their way of reenergizing themselves??? Whatever works guys! 
Upon arriving at the splash pad we walked through rittenhouse, and captured all of it's beauty. We finally reached our destination to satisfy our tummies with some shake shack. Can I just tell you how excited I was knowing that they still have crinkle fries! Yum! 


We then walked through Sierra's old stomping ground where she used to attend UARTS, and it was bittersweet walking through familiar territory. Made me miss her terribly! 
We saw this really cool painted sign outside a salon, and because the hashtag is so true I had Chelsea stand smack in front of it to capture all of her beauty. 
Now for the fun part! The interactive fountain at Dilworth park
^^^ Taking a little break that lasted for about five seconds, and got up for some more. ^^^
^^^ Let me tell you something about these sandals. They are the perfect water shoe, and very comfortable to walk in around all over the city! ^^^

I can't even begin to tell you how much fun we had! It didn't matter to me that my clothes got a little wet while capturing these sweet moments. It didn't matter to me that my bag was soaked due to Noah's wet swim trunks, or that I got my phone a little wet (oops!) We hung out here for a little over an hour, and if we lived in the city we could have lingered on a bit longer. We absolutely loved this day, and languished it with simplicity. We look forward to coming here a couple of more times before summer ends. 

And then in the winter time...ice skating! Pretty cool how this fountain turns into an ice skating rink in the winter. Now that'll be something to look forward too! 

But for now...we are soaking up anything that has to do with the sun, and spending our days outdoors! 
Summer, we are in no rush for you to go away, keep inspiring us with the warmth of the sun! We love you! 

Have a wonderful week everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment