REPLY

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Our Spring Break So Far...

Spring really motivates us to explore the outdoors more, and since we're big on travel, and finding places to go to that are worth the drive we decided to venture out to Central Jersey, and found this wonderful hidden gem of a town called Cranbury. It's not too far from the main highway where you'll find your shopping plazas with a trader joes, marshalls, and whole foods, and it's only about 20 minutes away from the shopping malls. 

I can't even begin to tell you how friendly, quaint, patient, did I mention friendly, this town is. The town was established in 1872. Very old, nostalgic, quaint little village, and we love it. We loved it so much that we came back again three days later! I have to brag about some of the shops, and places to eat here because the owners were so friendly, and welcoming to out of towners. And the food at some of these places is absolutely delicious!! They even let me take pictures of their porches, and inside their restaurants without any complaint! 
// The fact that this door was yellow, and had an owl on the wreath made Noah more interested in taking a  photo in front of a door. //
// Another favorite. All of the homes in this village have the same historic look, and blend in very well with each other. //
If you want some good ol' home cooking food come to Teddy's. Everything here is homemade, and cooked to taste!! I am very picky with food, and I don't mean to boast, but as long as I have taste buds I know what good food tastes like! Especially since I'm from Texas, and having lived in various states eating at various restaurants has really helped me distinguish what's good food, and what's bland food. The nachos here are done right, and without the cheese whiz!! I'm sorry, but when I first moved to Jersey and saw that every place puts cheese whiz on their fries, and nachos I'm like...nope, sorry. That should be illegal, and is not the way to do it! Thank you, but I'll pass! 

These nachos were super tasty, and you can tell by the smile on Lexie's face that she couldn't wait to devour them the second time around! 
// chicken cilantro soup was the soup of the day, and it was delicious! // 
// I love this shot I took of Chelsea. It kind of reminds me of one of the black and white photos in the opening theme song of Felicity. // 
// and here's my goofy kid doing his super hero pose before eating his cookies and cream ice cream topped with whipped cream which is very rare for him to eat!/He doesn't have too much of a sweet tooth, and has to be in the mood to crave ice cream! // 
Everything here is within walking distance. After eating lunch we walked around the village where they have a cool consignment shop, and found a short cut to a nearby park where they have tennis courts where the kids decided to play for a bit. (you know their true tennis players when they each have a spare racket in the car.) They didn't mind that spring was a bit nippy, because once they were on that court they took their jackets off, and played like it was the US open.  //
 // this boy has good posture. Those piano lessons are really helping him with his form. Love it! //
// I had to add another black and white photo in here! And he has a pretty good back hand too! //

Some of these photos were taken the first time we explored this place with Jon. We all had such a fun time together as a family, and told Jon that I would definitely be back with the kids, and what do you know...we did come back! 



I almost forgot to mention this yummy pizza place where we grabbed a couple of slices of pizza for Jon on our way home, and this is good pizza y'all! Seriously...really good! They even gave the kids a lollipop! 
As the years pass me by I feel that Spring, and Summer are my two favorite seasons, but Autumn will always top winter. When I see trees blooming, and the sun shining it brings so much peace within me. I'm so grateful for the renewal that spring brings not only to earth, but to my soul as well.

Seeing this just gets me more excited for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment