REPLY

Monday, December 4, 2017

Robotics Discovery Day!

When Noah came from school last month and brought home a flier that read "Enjoy a day of robotics with robot building out of legos" I couldn't help but to ask if he would be interested in going. Our school district is huge on robotics, and because Noah is into building contraptions, buildings, cars, and transformers with his legos I figured this would be something he'd like to experience, and it was!

He immediately grabbed the flier out of my hand, and said, "mommy can I please go to this?" I was so thrilled to say yes! I know that he will like it, and have fun with it. I'm so happy that he had an interest in going because not only will this entertain him, and make him "smarter", but it will also entice him to be an engineer of some sort! He has always loved taking things apart, and putting them back together. I love that he's not too much into games on the computer, or technology. I try real hard to keep him away from my phone, and I think Robotics is a perfect fit for him. There is never a dull moment with him when it comes to entertaining himself in archaic ways. Give him a bin of legos and he is a happy camper! 
He was excited when he saw this piece of technology. Apparently it's a contraption that throws balls in the air into container. Kids on a robotics team built it. Noah thought it was pretty neat, and wanted to take a picture with it. Hastag goals! Hastag engineer! 
When we picked him up he was so excited to show us what he build, and asked if he could go again! Of course we said yes with huge smiles! His grandpa is an engineer so who knows if this is something he would love to do as he gets older. I think..........maybe! Hopefully he can be on a robotics team in the future, and that he will continue to enjoy this wonderful program of building adventures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment