REPLY

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Visiting Santa At The Plaza, & Other Christmas Festivities!

Durign the holidays we try to fit in as many activities as we can especially since Noah is getting older but then I realize that it's the simplest things that matter. As much as we'd like to see "Elf" or "the nutcracker" there is so little time, and not enough Saturdays in the month of December. Jon's work keeps him extremely busy during the holidays especially when it gets closer to Christmas but I've gotten used to it which probably isn't a good thing, but at least we have our weekends to venture out to enjoy some of the Christmas festivities---especially in the city. 

One of our favorites things to do in the city is visit Santa, and The Santa at The Plaza is so nice. It's kind of been tradition to see Santa at Macy's or The Plaza. It doesn't matter how old the kids are. They all wanted to see him, and they didn't ask for much! Noah asked for a robot, Chelsea asked for a cello, and all Lexie wants are books! These kids are not hard to shop for at all! We really enjoyed chatting with Santa, and you can view a snippet of that on my Insta story. 
I love this huge wreath outside the hotel. I will always remember the first time we came here. I love the kisses he gave me during this shot! 
We walked all around fifth avenue and captured some moments around these huge candy canes! I just love how New York goes all out during the holidays! 
These huge red ornaments never get old, and I'll probably keep taking pictures of Noah with them until he's 18! His favorite color is red and he just loves those ornaments!
Bergdorf's window displays are always a must see, and love how they are showcasing various New York institutions, and museums this year. They are so creative! I wanted to capture a few more shots of other window displays, but people there were too many people who had the same idea,  but this one is my favorite! 

The tree at Rockefeller center is mandatory and something we love to see ever year! 
There is so much light everywhere in this city! No matter where we walk there is always a building decorated all christmasy. This Cartier store with the big red bow is a favorite! 
Walking around Times Square, although crowded and touristy never gets old. I've gotten used to the crowds, and just don't mind any attention. Seeing the "Light the world" billboard in Times Square made me all kinds of happy. I love the Savior, and I'm so grateful to see this lit up in one of the most busiest cities in the world. 
On our way back to Penn station we stopped at Wafels and Dinges for some desserts, and man are they sooooooo gooooood! I will come to the city just to have one of these! 
This truly is the most wonderful time of the year and as long as we are living here we will take advantage of the simple things that don't cost too much. 


New York definitely has that Christmas feeling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment