REPLY

Monday, December 11, 2017

Giving Back At The Food Bank For NYC.

So many wonderful things happened this past weekend but first I want to talk about the service that my family and I did together in the Bronx. It was a service project that Naomi Davis set up and I have to say it was the most organized and one of the best experiences I've ever had. What made it even more special is that I was with my family. Watching my eight year old going to town with that tape gun taping boxes made me all kinds of happy. He's just like his pa when it comes to hard work.

Chelsea, and Jon helped him out and I loved how he would ask questions about where the food is going and why we are we are packaging so much. This gave me an opportunity to explain to him that there are many families in the area who go hungry and don't have anything to eat especially during Christmas because when school is out their kids no longer get lunches.This food bank is awesome and they go out of their way to help those in need of food.
 He did manage to wear himself out after all the taping he did! 
It was so nice seeing my family working together as well as the other organizations who were there to help. With all the work everyone did we managed to gather 3200 meals that will go to shelters, pantries and schools. 
The ladies who work there full time were the kindest and it was so nice making new friends today! 
Meeting Naomi in person was so fun, and she truly is the sweetest. She's just as cool as she portrays herself on her blog. Her actions are genuine, and I love how her and her family served together as well as making this happen for all of us to meet! 
This was such an incredible experience and such a perfect way to give back especially during the holidays. There is something about serving others that warms the heart and conditions the soul. I love serving when I can. When my husband lost his job years ago I thought we wouldn't have enough but then I think of those who are homeless and hungry sleeping on the street on a cold winters day with nowhere to go having nothing to eat, and I think to myself-I have it pretty good. My husband may not have had job, but at least we had food to eat, and a roof over our head with healthy children inside. 
And for that...I am eternally grateful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment