REPLY

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Happy Birthday To My Niece Who Turns 29!

Oh how I long to go back in time and relive the days of the the times we'd drive from Utah to Texas to visit family. Memories spent with my niece will forever be etched in my heart. I remember our days visiting her in the little town I grew up in Texas, and taking her to the infamous Dick Kleberg Park where she, and my girls would have a grand time being kids, and venturing out to Corpus Christi to take her to the beach, and eat some amazing, authentic Mexican food. I really miss those tender moments of our time spent together. 

Distance, and time can separate a family, and make us become estranged but I never let that get in the way of my relationship with any of my family members especially my niece. All those years of making time to drive 26 hours to go visit family back in the 90's was so worth it, and even though we saw each other once a year I still managed to never give up, and keep in touch. Living away from family can be hard, but luckily there's instagram, and technology that helps us stay connected. 
Yesterday she turned 29, and every time I see a photo of her I'm in awe of her beauty, and how much she looks like her momma. She has grown up to be a beautiful young woman. I'm so proud of her in all she's done in her life, and in between her growing pains she's managed to land a handsome husband, and gain an education. 

I wish I can see her more often, and wish that Jersey and Texas weren't so far in distance, but hopefully she'll make it up to new york again so we can cross paths. It's been a long time since I've seen her in person, but luckily she documents some of her life on instagram so I can see what she's up to.
One day I hope that she, and my girls, and Noah can all get together, so that we can hug, laugh, and maybe even cry a little while reminiscing about the good 'ol days that were left behind, but treasured. So grateful I have those memories tucked away in a special corner of my heart! 

Happy Birthday Alyse! 

May you be blessed with more years to come, and continue to live a beautiful life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment