REPLY

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Pink Bluebonnets In Texas Hill Country! Circa, 2003


A number of years ago while roaming around Texas hill country we discovered these pink bluebonnets! Pink! It's funny how I lived in Texas for half my life, and never discovered them until the year 2003 while living in San Antonio! I've also seen them in white, and lavender, but these pink ones really stood out! They are unlike the bluebonnets, and in all honesty I prefer the blue over pink, but aren't these pink ones pretty! Apparently it's a rare wildflower, and only grow downstream from the mission Alamo. 


One spring as were driving through the hill country (yes, there is such a thing) my girls spied them with their little eyes, and we couldn't help but to get down, and capture a few photos. We had such a fun time! It was like a mini photo shoot with a bunch of pink bonnets! The girls even picked a few flowers! 
Sierra took this one of Jon and I, and I remember how careful she was holding the camera, and all. She, and Lexie were so little, and this day was one for the books! Even though we only lived in San Antonio for a few years we sure made some fond memories that I will always remember. The fact that there is a  legendary story behind the bluebonnet helps me appreciate these beautiful flowers, and once again, makes me proud to be born in Texas! 

"It's not only a pretty flower, but a symbol for the struggle to survive and a memory of those who died so that Texas could be free."

No comments:

Post a Comment