REPLY

Monday, April 9, 2018

Noah-isms//Spring Edition.

To start off this lovely edition of Noah's "Noah-isms" I have to share with you that Noah's favorite saying lately has been "what the what!" At first I thought he was going to say the "f" word, and the only reason I say that is because kids his age are saying that, but luckily he didn't, and he hasn't, and even though he's heard it he knows it's a dirty word, and vows he'll never say it, but then again he's eight, and innocent which makes me want to keep him at that age forever, but then again he has to grow up, be challenged, and tested, and learn in order for him to grow up to be charming, strong, and valiant! 

Now onto his Noah-isms....

Once in a while I'll buy soda, and when I bought a small six pack of dr. pepper the other day Noah said, "I can't wait till I'm older so I don't have to ask you if I can have one. Can't wait to be like dad's age, and get me a dr. pepper whenever I want without asking." 

Having a licensed teenage driver in the house is a dream because whenever I'm not able to pick up Noah Lexie comes to the rescue and goes on her own to run errands, and sometimes will pick Noah up from school. So when she picked him up by herself the other day he said, "Lexie, you came by yourself? You better not crash!" 

Noah is realizing that his time with Lexie is going to be limited since she'll be off in college soon. While eating dinner he asks her, "When you leave do you want to be pen pals?" When Lexie answered yes, he asked, "do you even know what a pen pal is?"

So we have about 2.5 months left of school, and when I asked Noah how school was today his answer has been, "oh, you know. Same 'ol, same 'ol." I have a feeling he's getting a form of "senioritis" for elementary kids. Oh, wait...that's Lexie! 

While making cascarones (confetti eggs) Noah kept calling them "Casanova" instead of "cascarones." Maybe I should stick to calling them confetti eggs since he's half white, but then again I'm sure that he'll pronounce cascarones much clearer when he's older so the Mexican in him can come out more! 

While on his little Easter egg hunt, he was calling himself "the seeker."

Noah was so excited when Chelsea finally got her scooter that he didn't want her to do anything but ride with him. She wanted to have breakfast before going outside and ride, and he said to her, "why do you even have a scooter when you don't even ride it!" I told Noah to let her eat breakfast first, and then y'all can both ride your scooters together! 

Chelsea and I had a learning lesson from Noah this past week. While driving in the city Chelsea sees an old lady taking her time crossing the street, and said, "why is she taking forever to cross the street?" I said, "it's because she's old, and has a puppy with her." Noah said, "don't judge Chelsea."

There are days when I drive in New York all calm, and days when I don't and on this day I was mad at myself for not eaving the city in time to beat rush hour traffic. Noah's two simple words to me were, 'be patient." 

I am constantly learning lessons from this kid, and there is NEVER a dull moment with him. So grateful he is in my life to remind me of the things that are beautiful, and important, and things we should not say, and how we should be. 

Gosh I love this kid! 

***You can read this spring edition of Noah-isms from 2016! Kid is growing up! 



No comments:

Post a Comment