REPLY

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

So long November...

"How beautifully leaves grow old.
 How full of light and color are their last days."
~ John Burroughs
This November was unusual in the weather. We have had temperatures in the high 60's, and sometimes it felt like Spring. They say there will come a day when we won't even know what season it is unless you look at the trees. I believe it. I don't want to think about 'the last days', but it's inevitable. I can't think, but to wonder how the weather will be next year. I have really enjoyed this beautiful autumn weather, and now all good things must come to an end. December will be here tomorrow, and the temperatures are now in the 40's. I actually do look forward to a cold, wintry, snowy December. As long as it doesn't keep me off the roads I'm pretty content with the winters here on the east.

The month of November gave me the chance to have my mother here for at least two weeks. I am grateful for the time she was able to spend with us, and although she left before Thanksgiving it was sure nice to have taken advantage of the time spent with her to know more about what she is feeling, and for her to see how my family lives.  I pray that she is safe, and trying to figure out her life in Texas. I hope that someday she will accept change, and have the desire to live closer to her posterity. Who knows...only time will tell. I am extremely grateful for the gospel in terms on how it has kept me strong in times of stress, and adversity. I strive to live the gospel each day the best I can, and hope that it is pleasing to the Lord. I pray it's always my best.

I will always remember this time of the year.

I will always remember November.

No comments:

Post a Comment