REPLY

Monday, April 2, 2018

General Conference on Easter Sunday.

For the first time in all the past general conferences I've listened to I've sat down with my pen, and a journal in hand to jot down words that I hear from the leaders that inspire me. This conference was different. Different in the sense that my family and I pretty much just sat, and listened. Sure I shared a few quotes from the apostles, and speakers, but when our new prophet President Russell M. Nelson spoke I couldn't help but to stop what I was doing, and just listen. 

Like all the past prophets I have come to know while being a member of this church I have a feeling President Nelson is probably going to be my favorite. Especially after listening to him this past weekend. President Nelson is the fourth prophet that has been sustained since I became a member back in 1992. President Hunter, Hinckley, and Monson were all wonderful prophets, and I'm so grateful for all their words that have impacted my life. 

President Nelson is so tender hearted, and that smile of his gets me all the time! After all the changes that he announced he certainly seems like a doer!! I am so grateful to be a member of this church in this dispensation, and to believe in the gospel that truly saves my life in times of hardships. It brings me joy even when life is good. Even in my darkest days I know that I will make it through because of my belief in the Savior, and His gospel.
Another special, and tender moment about this conference was watching my daughter sing on Saturday afternoon. She was on camera a few times, and this is something I'm going to treasurer, and watch over, and over again. We love, and miss hearing her sing, and playing piano in person, and just miss her period! I'm so happy that after all the challenges she's faced as a young adult, and endured that she has faith in this gospel, that she loves the temple, and is not afraid to share her beliefs. 
Attending conference at the visitor's center in D.C. with my family is always an adventure. Plus we love seeing the temple even when it's closed! I love watching it on the big screen, and being at the visitors center surrounded by missionaries brings a super strong spirit in watching conference. We come here for conference because it's the closest thing to temple square! I sure do miss those times we'd go as a family whether it be watching it at the conference center, or sitting outside temple square. Plus, I was able to see my daughter clearly on a big screen, as opposed to a small Mac from home!  
What a special conference weekend this was. Especially since it fell on Easter, and with all the changes when it comes to visiting teaching. I'm extremely excited that my girls will be able to minister to other sisters, and be my companions! Something for Noah to look forward to as he turns 12! He'll be able to minister families with his pa! 

Like all conferences I didn't want this one to end. I'll be going through withdrawal for the next six months, and we so look forward to October! 
To read all the changes in the church, and catch up on conference if you missed it, or are not a member, and just curious about the church I attend please go to lds.org to watch, and learn more! 




No comments:

Post a Comment