REPLY

Monday, April 23, 2018

For The Beauty Of The Earth!

It looks like spring has officially sprung in our neck of the woods! The weather this past weekend was electrifying, and perfect in every way. We didn't do much on Saturday because Noah worked on his little car for the pinewood derby so he and Jon spent most of the day working on it. I vowed that I wasn't going to be cooped up in the house so the girls and I decided to play some tennis. I love this part of spring when it's not too cold, and not too hot, and it was a perfect day to play! It was euphoric, and I'm so glad that I got myself out there for a little bit of a workout!

Sundays are my favorite especially during spring and summer because I don't have to wear tights to church, or a heavy coat! I love my family, and attending church service together is always a delight. Imperfect, but a delight! Being that it was earth day we decided to go on a nature walk after church. We were trying to find a spot where the blossoms are in bloom, and the park we went to last year was filled with dormant, bare trees instead of blossoms. We were a bit disappointed, but we still went for a walk, and enjoyed the sunshine. 
Don't let these pictures fool you because we are not perfect in any way. It may seem as if the kids are having fun, but there were times when I had to take the stick away from Noah because he was throwing it at Chelsea. For the most part there was more happy than yelling. It was a beautiful day, and being outside with my family, and going on a nature walk with them and talking about the things we can do to care for our planet was both educational, and fun. 
As we were walking back to the car I stopped to turn around and saw Noah picking flowers from a tree. It never fails. He does this every time we are surrounded by flowers. He'll pick some and then give us a handful! Such a sweetie, and I love him for the thought. He even picked some for his sisters. Totally caught him in the act! 
I was thinking of saving this shot for my Mother's Day photo, but I'm sure Jon will take more pictures of us when that day comes! I wish I would have gotten him in the camera too, but he was also busy being a kid and picking up sticks like his boy! 

What a wonderful group of kids I have! I feel so blessed to spend quality time with them especially on Sundays. Life can get so busy during the week, and I am grateful for these moments we put aside to venture outside, and have some fun. Even when we're wearing church clothes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment