REPLY

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

The National Portrait Gallery In D.C.

One thing about living in New Jersey is the convenience of living near different cities, and when I heard the temperatures were going to be as high as 80 degrees last Saturday there was no way that we were going to stay indoors. Since the girls and I spent the eveving in New York on Friday we decided to go to D.C. as a family and check out the cherry blossoms, and the Obama portraits at the National Portrait Gallery. 

And they are stunning!! 
I'm not one to talk about politics, but I sure as heck do keep up with current events of the world, and in all honesty I have to say that Obama was a great president, and don't even get me started on Michelle. She was a classy First Lady, and every time I'd see her on television she was always so savvy, and composed. They were (still are) great people. 
I just had to take this shot of LL cool J. When I read what the L's stood for I rolled up my eyes, and laughed! (Ladies Love Cool James!) LOL! 


We wandered around the museum for a few hours until Noah began to get restless. All he wanted to see was George Washington and Abraham Lincolns pictures, and then run around. I think two hours was enough for him in this museum. There was so much to look at, and the American presidents room is amazing. I only managed to capture a few shots because of keeping up with Noah besides, I was just too interested in looking at all the art, and reading all about it! 
What a gorgeous day it was to see the blossoms in bloom. I didn't take too many photos, but you can see more photos when we went last year, and the year before
I so look forward to the coming months, and this past Saturday was the beginning of what summer is going to look like. I look forward to going to the city to walk for blocks and have more fun. I truly am grateful to live in such a place where we can venture out to different cities. The 3.5 hour drive to D.C., the 75 minute drive to New York, and the 45 minute drive to Philly doesn't bother us! We have done so much driving in our life that we have gotten used to it. It also helps that Jon is a UPS driver, and doesn't' mind driving too! Major plus in my book!

The Jersey shore is another place I long for in the summer, and look forward to going which is super close to home. Counting the days until summer is here, but for now I will enjoy the spring weather, and appreciate all that it brings because before you know it those beautiful blossoms will all be gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment