REPLY

Monday, February 21, 2011

The Story behind Noah's Dreamland


Ring around the Rosies
For the past couple of weeks I have been getting e-mails from various friends telling me that I have some competition and that some other lady is doing the same thing with my idea of Noah's Dreamland.

 Not so. I feel the need to set the record straight.

 I'm creative... but not that creative to come up with the setting of Noah's Dreamland.

One day I came across a blog called Mila's Daydreams. Adele Enerson is in advertising and lives in Finland. Apparently her photos became an overnight sensation and she became popular all over the web. I thought they were the most adorable photos I have ever seen. I was looking at some of the pictures Adele had been doing with her daughter and I was inspired to do the same thing with Noah. Of course, her pictures are ingenious, gorgeous, and much more clever than mine!

Noah is my first son and I wanted to do something fun with him. I figured since there is a cute baby girl being dressed up in an imaginative setting while sleeping...why not a baby boy. I sent Adele an e-mail asking her permission if it would be alright to mock her idea and do the same thing with my son. To my surprise, she responded right away and gave me her blessing. She said that Noah is me and my husbands work of art and that we could do the same thing. She was so agreeable and she also asked me if I had any other publishing in mind. She also mentioned to me about her Fan Art Facebook page and told me that I could put Noah's photos on it. Apparently, there are other families doing the same thing with their kid.

Till this day, I still haven't put any pictures up of Noah. The day I was going to upload a few I read on her blog that someone had used one of her pictures of Mila on a banner without her permission! Unfortunately, there are dishonest people out there who use photos without asking the owner. She is no longer posting photos of Mila, but she is coming out with a book in January of 2012. I am so excited and look forward to being one of the first owners of her book.

I'm very thankful to have come across the blog Mila's Daydreams and to have had the opportunity to have fun with my son. Noah may look back at these photos and be embarrassed, but at least he'll have a memory of him that he can share with his future posterity.
'I hope they call me on a mission'


3 comments:

  1. I have loved Noah's Dreamland....so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that quilt is darling - wherever did you get the template? i would LOVE to make one like it ... help?

    ~ jannet (mjmcvey@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you princess! My mother in law actually made it for me when my son was born. I will ask her and get back to you as soon as I get a reply from her!

    ReplyDelete