REPLY

Thursday, October 7, 2021

Cow Parade In NYC!




It's been over a month since Lexie's been home and I still can't believe that the past 16 months flew by. I still feel as if she's on a mission and I am doing my best to ease her back into civilization. 

The first place we went to was of course the city. She missed NYC so much and as soon as we can see the skyline from the turnpike she uttered, "it's so pretty!" She totally missed it and we are so happy to have her home. It was a perfect day and perfect timing to come here because 21 years ago we ventured out to the city for the first time and I immediately fell in love with it. I was drawn by the architecture, museums, and public art. Especially these cow sculptures which were displayed all over the city. 

AND NOW THEY’RE BACK! 

I was so excited to show Lexie and when we heard there were some at Hudson Yards we went and reenacted these pics without having her sit on the cow (not a baby anymore) lol and took a few photos standing next to one. There are so many cow sculptures and we even saw some in Brooklyn. They are all so unique and cool looking designed from various artists that include celebrities such as Neil Patrick Harris. So glad we were able to reenact these moments and look back on some old pics and to have gone to the cow parade. They are no longer on display but we hope it doesn't take another 21 years for them to return! 





Unfortunately the last day to see these was the last day of September and then they will be auctioned out. These cows brought back sweet memories of when my Lexie was a baby and I'm just so thrilled that she came home just in time to see them and for us to reenact a photo. Not the same cow, but pretty similar! 

No comments:

Post a Comment