REPLY

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sibling Love



I consider myself lucky because Chelsea attends half day Kindergarten; therefore allowing me to get an early start on spending lots of one on one time with Noah before she comes home from school. I LOVE being a stay at home mom!

Chelsea is the first to one to come home and play with him. She is the "roughest" out of the bunch and I've had to tell her numerous times to be gentle with Noah. He's not a 23 inch doll! If you're not gentle with him, he'll definitely let you know....
He's not really hitting her really hard, just slapping her around a little bit. In his own way he lets her know to treat his little self with gentleness.
But they love each other!!

Alex is the mini mom.  She'll immediately go to him in the morning as soon as he wakes up to hold him. I have to remind her to do her homework & practice piano and violin before she plays with him once she comes home from school. She doesn't mind feeding him, changing his diaper, and dressing him for me. I have to remind her that I'm the mom, and although I appreciate all that she does for me for Noah, I have to do my job!
Sierra is a teenager. A different kind of teenager. She is really into family. That's the honest truth! Most teens these days are not. She is very loving with Noah but is also a busy body!!! She will come home to greet him with kisses and then will get straight to eating a snack, doing her homework, and practice her piano. She is in the middle of also doing the Spring drama production and that keeps her busy with school. She will take advantage of any spare time she has to share him with her sisters.
Most mothers put the responsibility of mothering on a young child and I am not that way! I also feel fortunate because all my kids are five years apart. I didn't plan it that way (that's another story I'll have to write about.) In a SMALL way (and I mean small way), that does make things a lot easier for me. There are days though where I'll be rushing from one place to another. Next year, I'll have three kids going to all different schools!! WISH ME LUCK!

I have numerous friends who have kids close in age and I commend them for keeping sane! I'm not sure how they manage, but I'm sure they do just as well as I do with four kids who have a five year age gap.

*Do you have children with big age gaps or close in age?
*How do you manage with either age?


1 comment:

  1. i've always felt sorry for my oldest niece because she has been babysitting her siblings since age 8. one day i took her with me for an afternoon of boring errand-running. she told me it was the most fun she'd ever had. that is pathetic! this is one of the reasons i don't get on with my only sister.

    ReplyDelete