REPLY

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!


"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness."   ~Honore de Balzac
Today my mom turns sixty...something. (Don't worry mom, I won't type your age.) I spoke to her earlier this morning to wish her a happy birthday. Like most people, I would write sixty........something things that best describe my mom but for now...I'll just describe a few.

Mom, 
You are the best mom any daughter could ever have. Your strength is in caring and forgiving. You are a survivor in many things. I am grateful for all the trials we went through together throughout our life and for the strength to manage in overcoming them. You have a strong love for the Lord.

No matter the distance, you are a WONDERFUL abuela to my girls and Noah. You always think of them on their birthdays. Even though your hands hurt due to gout, you are so good at keeping in touch through letter writing.
Sorry for the vintage photos. I don't have any recent pictures of you so these will have to suffice. We need to remedy that soon!

It is always nice to talk to you on the phone and as always... we LOVE & miss you!! Hope you had a great day in the cold weather in Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment