REPLY

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Visiting Teaching & Chicken Corn Chowder




I had my visiting teachers over from my church earlier this morning and we had a nice visit. They also delivered these yummy post Valentine shaped heart cookies. We had a really nice visit. We talked about the importance of Relief Society and how we each have an important role to fulfill in building the Lord's kingdom. I always learn something new from each message that is delivered to me personally every month. The more I hear messages about how crucial the Relief Society is in our lives, the more my testimony grows. I love every sister that I meet and try to include them in all things. I also never wait for someone to invite me or include me in activities. Instead, I'll either invite myself and/or offer to have an activity held in my home. Whether it's book club, a baby shower or some one's birthday. I will always ask whomever is 'in charge' that it can be done at my house. The answer is up to them. I'll never give up...never.  

Sister Julie B. Beck taught, "We have a vital role to play in helping build the kingdom of God and preparing for the Lord's coming. In fact, the Lord cannot accomplish His work without the help of His daughters. Because of that, the Lord expects us to increase our offering. He expects us to fulfill the purpose of Relief Society as never before."

When Chelsea comes home from school, she is always famished. I normally make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for her...today was different. I went to Costco the other day and bought this...
Chelsea has had a bit of the sniffles lately and I decided to heat some up for her. It was quick and easy. At first Chelsea was hesitant to try it. I told her it tasted like creamed corn but with chicken meat added to it. She decided to give it a taste test, and ended up eating the whole bowl...along with an Angus burger I made for myself that she finished.

And she thought it was delish!

*Have you ever had the chicken corn chowder from Costco?
*Is it still cold enough where you live to have warm chowder?

No comments:

Post a Comment