REPLY

Friday, February 25, 2011

A Wind of Opportunities

The winds today approached gale forces as we were running errands. Chelsea had to constantly pull her hair out of her face while Noah was snuggled comfortably in his car seat riding in the cart. It seems as if spring is in the air and slowly making its way to New Jersey. Although we had a couple of inches of snow this past week, it's a reminder to me that winter is here to stay...at least for a little while (our winters here are longer.) My emotions of gloomy weather can hover over me and seriously get me into a depressed mode. Luckily, I have two small children at home that are reminders to me that shopping needs to get done and their mouths need to be fed.
 I'm also extremely grateful to have two self sufficient daughters that keep their room tidy, and help me with the laundry and dishes. That truly makes me happy. I also have a strong faith in my Savior and know that if I put him first when I start my day, he will help me through these rough spots.

What also helps me through these rough spots on gloomy days is being there for my friends.  This past week I had opportunities to fellowship and be there for two dear friends.  I love to help anyone that is in need of advice or just being there to listen to them in times of stress. It makes me feel good about myself to know that I am doing something meaningful in sharing my love...and it strengthens my spirit. My dear friend Tiffany is moving to Florida tomorrow and we've had some wonderful visits this past week.  I also visited with another friend who recently began coming back to church. She even came to our book club this past week. They may not realize this, but their examples of determination and striving hard to be like our Savior, really made me focus more on enduring to the end.
Enduring to the end. That can be a tough one, but I know that if we hold on to that iron rod... we will be blessed...even on the gloomiest of days.

1 comment:

  1. Rose, I will have to have you show me how to do the link to mormon.org in my blog. Good girl. Also.....I have never seen such clean kid's rooms. WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete