REPLY

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ghost the musical


If you are in the mood for love, and want to remember the reason why you fell in love, and to feel how strong the love is for your better half -stop what you're doing, and come watch the broadway musical GHOST! It was unbelievable, and I couldn't stop balling in the end! It had such a soft spiritual side and a lot of passion. It truly teaches you to never take those three little words for granted and to always say "I love you." It was so magical and breathtaking, and everyone was amazing onstage. I'd watch it again in a heartbeat!

I had been looking forward for this day since early February and I am so grateful for my dear friend Marianne for inviting me. To raise funds for cancer awareness a bus is rented and at least 100 people gather once a year in May to spend the day in New York City to watch a broadway show and have a nice dinner. I was so happy to have been a part of the group this year, and am now officially a part of the clan. I plan on attending every year. This was a treat for me, and I really enjoyed myself!

The day began with all of us waking up early in the morning and meeting in Philadelphia to join others on a party bus.
The hour and a half bus ride went by too quick. Everyone was having a great time, and I was lucky enough to have sat next to a gentleman who happened to be a trustee in a Baptist church. He asked where I was from, and where I used to live and when I mentioned Utah that gave me an opportunity to share my faith with him.

We had a nice, long talk about what the LDS church, and what its all about. The best thing about the trip (besides the show) was as we were driving around Manhattan we happened to drive by the temple. I was excited and started pointing and saying, "Oh, oh there is the temple of the church I attend, and if you look up you'll see the angel Moroni." He was impressed, and asked me what an angel Moroni was. I explained to him the best I could who Moroni was in the Book of Mormon, and he was even more curious as to what the LDS church is all about. He asked me for some information and told him to log onto lds.org to find out more about what we believe in.

 It was so nice to have made new friends such as Cathy from Chicago, and getting to know other ladies as well.
Dinner at Scaletta restaurant was delicious!
Mariann had the veal
I had the chicken (love the small portion of mashed potatoes!)
Yummy dessert! Loved them all...especially the bread pudding!
The show was phenomenal. It was amazing how they played out some of the scenes. I was wondering how they were going to do the train scene, and walking through people, doors, and jumping in and out of the train. It was tastefully done, and would love to see this show again before it closes. 
New York in May is beautiful and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to be a part of this wonderful group of people, and to have spent the day in New York all in the name of research. It was a great day, and I am so glad I had the courage to open my mouth and to have shared the gospel along with my conversion story.


**All images of the photos of the show are from google.

No comments:

Post a Comment